Saturday, June 02, 2007

Saturday Ramblings

Wow...I am honored to have the opportunity to post at Tall Cool Drink of Water. I will try and maintain the same quality of writing. I'll make no guarantees...I will say that she keeps a tidy blog and I feel ashamed mine isn't kept as neat. Maybe spring cleaning is needed at my place soon.

Surfing the MSM sites this fine Saturday morning, I ran across an article that summarizes my mistrust, in not only TV but in mankind as well. Let me explain...I'm all for entertaining television, I really am. But when you take a concept thats proven and beat the hell out of it I become disgusted. Reality TV has its place but when can we honestly say...ENOUGH ALREADY? Dancing with the Stars is ok, although I didn't watch it. American Idol has its place in the entertainment industry, although I stopped watching after season 2. There's even shows about becoming a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader. (I shouldn't have to explain why I watched that one) There is even one for becoming a barmaid at Coyote Ugly bar.

But this one is low...lower than a snakes belly.

AMSTERDAM - A television show in which a woman would donate a kidney to a contestant was revealed as a hoax Friday, with presenters saying they were trying to pressure the government into reforming organ donation laws.


WTF!?!? I seriously hope these producers succumb to unexplainable ailments of the most torturous kinds. There are certain aspects of life that I consider sacred. And having an organ transplant is one of them. These types of procedures should not be spun into a carnival show. Who in their right mind would even watch such a show?

SO I did some research with the links provided in the story.

The European Union's health chief has proposed an EU-wide organ donor card and criticised a Dutch reality TV show in which a dying woman will choose a recipient for her kidneys.


Here in the United States:

While federal law lays down the policies, each state has its own Uniform Anatomical Gift Act which provides for a donor card, often part of the state's driver's licences, permitting the removal of organs after death. The cards must be signed by a person over 18 years of age and witnessed by two other adults.


Sounds like a reasonable plan. Read more here.

So whats next? Who can get pregnant with least amount of tries? Practice makes perfect ya know!

No comments: