Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm so exhausted, physically drained, and stressed. Trying to work with the laziest group of kids to where they can pass their state testing next week is wearing me down. I have been cramming info down them and I have to say some get it and some don't. This worries me to no end. I told them yesterday that I had a gut feeling that half would fail. I hope I'm wrong but something tells me I won't be.
I wish the state would do away with this testing. It's stupid. Why?? We already do six week testing every six weeks and the rest of the time it's "prepare for the test" and nothing else is taught. I feel like the kids are losing out on their education with this mentality. I also feel that a end of the year test would be good. If they pass it, send them on and if they fail they stay back. I'm tired of my child being a number for her school and if they look good with their rating at the end of the year. From what I'm hearing though, we have three more years before they decide if the state should do away with the test.

No comments: