Friday, August 07, 2009

Cajun Angels

Gabriel came to the Lord and said, "I have to talk to you. I have some
Cajuns up here in Heaven who are causing some problems. They are swinging
on The Pearly Gates, my horn is missing, and barbecue sauce is all over
their robes! Ham hocks, spareribs, and crawfish shells are all over the
streets of gold. Some folks are walking around with one wing. They have
been late taking their turn in keeping the stairway to heavenclean. There
are watermelon seeds all over the clouds! They have eaten almost every
animal up here! Some of them aren't even wearing their halos, saying it is
messing up their hair."

The Lord said, "I made them special, as I did you, my angel. Heaven is
home to all my children. If you really want to know about problems, let's
call the Devil and see how he is dealing with his Cajuns."

The Devil answered the phone, "Hello? Dang it, hold on!"

The Devil returned to the phone and said, "Hello, God, what can I do for
you?"

God replied, "Tell me what kind of problems you are having down there with
the Cajuns you have there."

The Devil said, "Wait a minute," and puts the Lord on hold.

After 5 minutes he returned to the phone, and said, "Okay, I'm back.
What's the question?"

God asked again, "What kind of problems are you having with the Cajuns
down there?"

The Devil said, "Man, I don't believe this... Hold on, God."

This time, the Devil was gone for 15 minutes. The Devil returned and said,
"I'm sorry, God, I can't talk right now. These coon asses have done put out
the fire, and are holding a benefit Crawfish and Shrimp boil to install
air conditioning.

H/T: Coonass

No comments: