Thursday, July 01, 2010

Here are some pictures of what our weather was like yesterday from Hurricane Alex. I'm about 300 miles (give or take) from the point of landfall. The first shot is from the boat dock down at the marina. The water was even with the sides. I have never seen the water up so high. I am now a firm believer in storm surge.


This is the fishing pier next to the boat dock.

This is a picture of one of our beaches that is ten miles from my house. It was blocked off due to all the high water. The palm trees you see usually have sand all around them.

Here is another shot. The water was all the way up to the grass.


Here is a picture of the beach across the hwy from my neighborhood. See the grass umbrellas? There is usually 10 feet of sand between them and the water. That tells ya how high the water is.

1 comment:

InsomniacSeeker said...

it's finally made it's way to southwest oklahoma.