Monday, December 11, 2006

Black Folks in Heaven

Gabriel came to the Lord and said, "I have to talk to you. I have some folks up here in Heaven who are causing some problems. They are swinging on The Pearly Gates. My horn is missing. Barbecue sauce is all over their robes. Ham hock, spareribs, and crawfish shells are all over the streets of gold.
Brothers are even walking around with one wing. They have been late taking their turn in keeping the stairway to heaven clean. There are watermelon seeds all over the clouds. They have eaten almost every animal up here! Some of them aren't even wearing their halos, saying it's messing up their hair." The Lord said, "I made them special, as I did you, my angel. Heaven is home to all my children.If you really want to know about problems, let's call the Devil and see how he is dealing with them."The Devil answered the phone, "Hello? Dang, hold on."The Devil returned to the phone and said, "Hello,God, what can I do for you?"God replied, "Tell me what kind of problems you are having down there with the people you have there." The Devil said, "Wait one minute," and puts the Lord on hold. After 5 minutes he returned to the phone, and said "Okay, I'm back. What was the question?" God asked again, "What kind of problems are you having down there?"The Devil said, "Man, I don't believe this.....Hold on God."This time the Devil was gone for 15 minutes. The Devil returned and said, "I'm sorry, God, I can't talk right now. These Negroes done put the fire out, and are installing an air conditioning system!"

No comments: